The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, September 04, 2004


Hello Friends:

This note is mainly for Kevin, although I encourage all of you to read it and comment as you see fit.

Kevin... for some reason, you seem to have rancor towards me. Perhaps I stated something in a manner that you found displeasing, or perhaps you thought I was a new name for some troll-type individual you have had problems with previously. I would like to state for the record a few items that I mean with utter sincerity:

1. I have only been myself (PipeTobacco) when I have been on your blog. I have never used any other name, identity, or other id. I only post as PipeTobacco. I am an individual who has been intrigued and fascinated by your blog. You were my first avenue into the world of blogging, sir, and I found the concept to be interesting and fascinating and useful. So much so, in fact, that I developed the very blog you are reading this message on. It was because of YOU, sir, that I started my own blog.

2. If there has been anything *I* have said in the past that has rattled your chain and caused you anger, it truthfully *was not my intention* to do so. I can state categorically that I have appreciated your efforts towards art (the photography, the Holga Camera, etc), and have greatly appreciated your efforts on blogging about your efforts to find an art space, a home, etc. Therefore, *if* there were things *I* said (and not someone else you assumed to be me) that caused you anger, I do humbly apologize. I would not wish to hurt your feelings, nor would I ever intentionally do so.

3. I would strongly encourage you to restart your blog. It is a valuable service and a valuable piece of writing. I would also strongly encourage you to try to keep active in your art space and in your pursuit of a home. I think that if you can maintain this sort of path, that you truly can accomplish something wonderful. I think you have a creative spark that can be beneficial to the world... if you can find a way to successfully keep working towards those goals.... home, art, blog.

I suppose this is enough for right now. I would very much like to continue a dialogue with you. I am also hopeful that you will be willing to believe the sincerity in my words. I would also like to suggest that all of us who read this blog and try to converse with Kevin, try to do so in as kind and well-intentioned a manner as possible. And I hope, Kevin, that you will work hard to be open to the possibility that the vast majority of commenters and comments you have received have been well intentioned. While I will not censor comments here from anyone, I do hope that each of you who comments will do so with the spirit of trying to be HELPFUL to each other and not hurtful.

Have a happy weekend, friends!

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home