The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, July 25, 2005

.
An Image From Long Ago

As I mentioned yesterday, trying the nargile/hookah was something I have always been curious about from when I was just a kid. My first recollection of this manner of smoking was from a photograph in one of the books in my father's den/library. Someday I need to write more about the beauty of his den/library and the wonderful treasures I found in it while growing up. However, for today, I think I shall post an old image of a man indulging in the hookah. While this is not exactly the image I remember as a kid... I should try to find that book and have my secretary scan it for me, this image is very similar to the one I remember: Man Smoking Hookah

While searching for this image, I came across this image, one that reminded me of myself. While I have typically worn a full beard and moustache (and not a Van Dyke (or a "goatee" as the younger crowd would say)), and I do not have a hat of that style (I prefer this style of hat), this image does remind me of myself somehow.

I am terribly excited about this trip.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home