The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

.
Thanksgiving Wishes

Here is to a happy Thanksgiving to all of you, my loyal students and readers and friends. You are all my friends and I appreciate you all. If you are so inclined, stuff yourself with turkey, dressing, too many desserts, enough spirits to keep your mind worry-free and relaxed, and for a smaller subset of you (a rare, but noble breed of men) keep your pipes filled with pleasant, richly aromatic leaf! That is my plan, that is my goal.

Special thoughts also go out to my beloved father. If he were still with us, today would be his birthday. This evening, I shall smoke several bowls of tobacco in his honor using his pipes that I have inherited and I shall again read some of his papers I have tucked away. I miss him dearly, he was a delightful father and an honest, sincere, intelligent man.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home