The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 21, 2005

.
Another List

I cannot say the posting of a list is my idea, but rather it is something I have decided to crib from the Sweet Conflict blog. Of course I have substitued my answers and have modified the questions when necessary. Feel free to crib my own and post your own variation if you are so inclined:

The Power of Three

Three ways that I am stereotypically male:
1. My beard and moustache.
2. I enjoy beer and pipes.
3. I am the primary safety net and support for the family.

Three ways that I am stereotypically female:
1. I enjoy shopping if it is a store I like (Think Home Depot, for example).
2. I worry about what others think.
3. I tend to want to discuss things (But that may just be the professor in me).

Three names I go by
1. Prof
2. Pipe
3. Bear (the wife calls me this)

Three parts of my heritage
1. German
2. French Canadian (fur-trapper heritage)
3. Native American (only about 1/16th, not sure of the exact tribe, but I suspect Algonquin)

Three physical things I like about myself
1. My beard and moustache
2. My teeth & smile
3. My eyes

Three physical things I don’t like about myself
1. A little bit of a belly
2. The decline in stamina as I get older
3. My skin... does not tan well, and burns easily.

Three things that scare me
1. Not seizing the opportunity for an adventure because I am too cautious.
2. Death of family
3. Loss of memories

Three of my everyday essentials
1. Pipe (and pipe tobacco)
2. Coffee
3. Time for contemplation

Three LIES
1. I look forward to and relish grading laboratory exams and reports.
2. I think physical intimacy is overated.
3. I think PETA people are genuises

Three TRUTHS
1. I am a good listener.
2. I become angry when I cannot fix a problem.
3. I made a good decision for my mental and emotional health by becoming a professor.

Three things I want in a relationship (Fortunately all are provided by my wife.)
1. Laughter and happiness
3. Smiles
4. Kindness

Three physical things about women that especially appeal to me
1. A vivid smile.
2. Kind eyes.
3. A quirky sense of style.

Three of my favorite hobbies
1. Reading & Writing
2. Smoking & Drinking
3. Bedding my wife.

Three things I want to do really badly now
1. Stop involving myself in the insanity and bullsh*t of college administrative politics.
2. Travel to Antarctica
3. Write a published novel. Published research articles are ok, but the thrill of publishing a novel would be immense.

Three careers I’ve considered
1. Professor (and it was the right choice)
2. Medical Doctor (not good for my personality... it would be emotionally spent and my life would not be my own).
3. Psychologist (a choice that would have been good, but not as good as the choice of being a biology professor like I am)

Three places I want to go on vacation:
1. Ireland
2. France
3. Alaska

Three things I want to do before I die:
1. Publish a novel.
2. Hold at least one of my future great grand children.
3. Travel across the country in a pickup with a camper top (as in Steinbeck's Travels with Charlie)

Three famous people (living or dead) I would like to talk with and why:
1. Theodore Roosevelt... the best president I believe we have ever had. Did not allow bullsh*t to occur during his administration. He regulated the meat industry and laid the ground for the modern ecological movement.
2. Charles Darwin.... his Theory of Evolution paved the way for so much of the field of biology.
3. Sigmund Freud... I would like to talk to him to gain insight into his personality.


PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home