The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, November 11, 2005

.
Not Sure, But Perhaps

Update: Progress still seems good on the experiemtal design! More later.

I enjoy reading novels, and students often find me outside with pipe in my mouth,and my nose buried in a book. Probably half the time it is a science text or paper of some sort, but the other half of the time, I tend to shock the kids by reading some sort of novel. My preferences go towards the classics (Hemingway, Steinbeck, etc), but also lean heavily towards the mystery/crime genre when looking at modern novels). Well, one student this semester has taking a liking to me and he always stays after class and will often stop me in the halls or when I am sitting outside to chat for a while. It is this fellows postulate that I look and act like Sigmund Freud. I find that coorelation to be humerous albeit a tremendous stretch. Well, this week, this young man brings me a science fiction novel tentitled "The Remaking of Sigmund Freud" and gives it to me to read. The author is Barry N. Malzberg. I am not a huge fan of non-classical science fiction (meaning science fiction that tends to be more fantasy and less sci-fi) and am not yet sure which camp Mr Malzberg's work falls into, but thus far, I am finding the work interesting.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home