The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

.
Saturating My Mind and Soul


I am working feverishly in my back office today writing syllabi for my Winter courses. I can see the bright early morning sunlight shine across the snowy field outside my office window. Two cardinals, one male and one female are singing outside the window.

As I sit here at the computer working on these syllabi and other course materials, I am saturating my mind and soul with two nectars of life that while unnecessary, help us mere mortals glimpse Nirvana:

1. In my new Peterson, I have a rich and beautifully potent blend of rugged, robust, shaggy burley leaf mixed with just a bit of blackberry & boysenberry tinctured cavendish. With each deep lungful I can feel the lovely lady nicotine course through my arteries to massage the receptors of the neurons in my frontal cortex. As I slowly exhale the rich grey smoke , the room develops a gentle haze that gives a softer focus to the surroundings, which contrasts beautifully with the crisp views outside the window. After the anticipated multiple bowls of this fine leaf, I am sure to feel even more vividly its joy.

2. I stopped at a local coffee house and ordered a "extra grande" (36 ounce) cup of hazlenut tictured Robusto Blend coffee. At only 1/4 through this rich blend, I can already feel the beautiful kinesis of the caffeine stimulate the neuromuscular junctions between my peripheral nerves and the muscles of my fingertips. It is a bold feeling and I anticipate even grander presence by the time I finish the whole container.

It shall be a grand morning.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home