The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 20, 2005

.
Prepare the Way

Hello Friends:

I apologize again for the lack of posts. It has been a draining time for my extended family, with an elderly member of the family having an illness. For the most part, however, I believe we are through all the difficult "stuff" until after the holidays, so I am hopeful I can return to a more normal routine. I wanted to thank the many of you who commented and/or sent me an e-mail offering encouragement. All the comments and e-letters were greatly appreciated.

I shall close for today with two brief notes:

One, my baby brother posted again (click here) and I would encourage you to read his essay for several reasons: a) he needs to develop a readership that comments to encourage him to write more, b) he too has been having to deal with the same family issues I have, c) he often has a harder time coping with these harsh issues than do I, and d) I *think* he may actually be realizing that there is so much more to life than the fears he seems nearly incapable of ignoring.

Two, as my baby brother wrote about yesterday, today is a difficult day in our extended family. A beloved niece (daughter of one of my sisters) committed suicide many years ago on this date. It was a tragic waste of a life and of a precious mind.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home