The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005

.
Brief But Relatively Positive

It has been rough the last few days and hence no posts. The relative who has been undergoing the tests for the possible return for cancer has been on my and my family's minds these last several days.

It has been a time of frustration and fear. The frustration is from the lack of information or results from the doctor. We should have had results available for us on Friday, but the doctor said to be safe to call on Monday. We did. No results. We call back Tuesday, no results... but they say to call back right before close (4:30pm) to see if there is any news.

We sit and wait and the ill relative is nervous and scared. We are all nervous and scared. I felt more tense and uptight, and my muscles were clenched tighter than is healthy the whole while.

I call at 4:30. The results are relatively positive. There does not seem to be any cancer migrating from one tissue to another (the worst case scenerio and fear). Instead, there is simply only a single polyp, which may or may not be cancerous. The polyp is scheduled to be surgically removed on Monday.

So, while we are not yet out of the woods, the direction we are traveling gives some hope. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. My muscles started to relax last evening, and I am literally sore as hell today. I do not handle stress well physiologically. I wish I knew how to change that.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home