The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

.
Early to Rise Again

My slovenly, slug-like lifestyle of the past few weeks during the break has now officially ended. I returned to my typical awakening time of 5:30am yesterday and today, and have also resumed my physical activity routine of walking roughly 5 miles each day. I may consider some moderate weight training to help with muscle tone, but I have not had an over abundance of success in staying with weight training. To me the activity is about as interesting and enjoyable as watching ice cubes freeze. However, perhaps I will think about it some more and discern some way to make it as enjoyable as my brisk walking is.

As I sit here in my office, drinking a large mug of dark, robust, Robusto coffee, and have just ignighted a bowl of bright burley with a hint of juniper, life feels back on track. Vacations are a joy and I relish them, but they are also important for highlighting the importance of routine, and predictability, and goals. By the way, as I have been asked to by one fellow, I will try to give more details of the leaves I mention here for my pipe.

The juniper tinctured, bright burley is a local blend and is typically only available during our winter months, actually when I went to the tobacco shop the other day, this particular leaf had already been sold out with no plans to make more until next Christmas, so it is actually more of a Christmas blend. The bright burley that is used is a surprising blend, for it produces a very soft, silky smoke, but because it is a burley, it also gives a delightfully powerful kick in the head when inhaled. The juniper flavoring gives it a light hint of gin, which is a delightful flavor for winter.

It is good to be back.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home