The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, January 09, 2006

.
Classic Start

Thank you, all three of you for your well wishes concerning my elderly relative. It was a tremendous relief to all of us and an end to a frightening time. After the surprising and joyous "all-clear" from the physician, this elderly relative and I "went-to-town" so to speak. I took her to her favorite resturant for dinner, and then took her shopping. She has not been particularly game to go much out of her house the last several weeks mostly from worry. It was wonderful to see her in good spirits and wanting to go out and do things. Even the weather cooperated with it being above freezing (35 Degrees Farenheit to be exact) for the first time in quite a while, making it feel nearly tropical (for those of you international readers, please note I list Farenheit Degrees... the Cenitgrade temperature would be approximetely 1 Degree).

While out shopping, she purchased for herself a whole new "Bed-in-a-Bag" ensemble and was tickled at the virbant color scheme she selected. It felt very good to see her feeling happy.

On Friday I quickly finalized my requirements for the start of class today and did EXACTLY as I suggested... I left my office around noon and had a festive "liquid lunch" with my elderly father-in-law. We ate poorly (albeit deliciously), drank copiously, and smoked our pipes profusely. It was an utterly grand afternoon!

Today I have started the new semester and had my neurobiology students first class. All went well and hopefully they will be an enthusiastic group. It is always a helluva lot more fun to teach when the students are attentive and excited. Tommorow is the big anatomy & physiology course I teach. It too, hopefully will be a lot of fun.

I also DID walk my 5 miles this morning as promised, and am happy and feeling up to snuff. As it is the first day of the semester, my office is swarming with students trying to find an open seat in one of my courses. I have not had an opportunity to have a pipe until just when I sat down here to write. It is a peaceful and tranquil peach infused cavendish. It is grand.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home