The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 18, 2006

.
Women

Women are quite exasperating beasts at times. I am currently having to "tip-toe" around the house because my wife is feeling sensitive and it is definetly best to be careful during these times. I first caught a glimmer of this sensitivity when she snapped at me because I was 5-10 minutes late in returning from a haircut(and beard and moustache trim) & errand trip. We had planned to try to walk together at this time. My 5-10 minute delay, due to a chatty barber, had her giving me "the face" upon my arrival. The second time I was snapped at was because of something inconsequential I said at dinner. The third and final snap occurred as a result of my not "talking" with her correctly. I am at a loss to explain any of the three, as a) we both have at least a 15 minute window of variation for any set meeting time with each other due to our hectic and varied schedules, b) the conversation we were having was simply idle chit-chat, and c) the not "talking" correctly episode was unfathomable... we were chatting about food options when I was summarily told "I was being harsh and judgemental." This over what types of food to eat.

I have made a vow to myself this year to avoid engaging in discussion with my wife during these times as I truthfully feel they are not valuable. All that happens is that we start to have a heated discussion/debate, that literally is painful to me and makes me feel sour and frustrated. My wife always says that having this sort of debate/discussion is akin to a release for her and she always feels "better". I do not feel better after these sorts of incidents... only confused and hurt. I am going to see what happens if I simply try to ignore her snapping for a few days (or until they dissipate, whichever comes first). Wish me luck. I believe I will need it the next few days.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home