The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

.
Hectic, but a Helluva Lot Better

Life seems to have fallen back into its normal orbit for my family and myself as of late. This week has felt utterly and completely mundane and predictable..... and I mean that with all the positive imagery I can muster. It seems so tremendously beautiful and tranquil to simply have my precious routines back into place. In a nutshell, I am saying:

1. Family members who were horribly sick are now seemingly in reasonably good health.

2. Teaching, research and service routines are back in place and are reasonably predictable.

3. I am feeling reasonably healthy and robust.

4. I feel like I have at least an occasional bit of time each day for play (even if it is only a handful of minutes).

5. I feel it is appropriate to think into the future again... to think about even having plans for a day or two or three or even a week in advance for what I hope to do that day.


I tell you, the last several weeks were pure hell. I am so very glad it appears my normal routines are back. I am both relieved and amazed, and I am also giddy and exhausted.... that I can have a nice, routine, life... at least for a day or two (crossed fingers).

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home