The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

.
A Damn Long Day

The post today is going to be a bit brief. Althought it was a *good* day, it has been an extremely *long* day. With nearly back-to-back classes until the early afternoon, and then an avalanche of needy students piling into my office (11 total)... 2 of my research students, 5 students seeking advising for working towards a "pre-med" biology degree, 3 from my classes who are worried about their failing grade (now at the 11th week of the semester), and 1 prospective research student. I felt good about helping them, but it is draining when it is non-stop, back-to-back discussion. I did not arrive home until after 8pm (my late afternoon class ends at 5:30, so I am usually home by quarter to six. Added to this were two committee meetings (writing committee, and the natural science colloquium meeting, and it was a whirlwind of a day.

The only bright spot (perhaps that is the wrong phrase... my day was good.... the "bright spot" refers to my being able to do something outside of work) that occurred before I returned home from work was the 10-15 minutes late this morning between two classes when I was able to sit down and correspond with a very nice friend of mine on the Internet.

Hopefully, Thursday will bring a bit more lesiurely schedule so I may develop a better essay.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home