The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

.
Coffee, Pipes, and Jazz

The highlight of my day today has been in the morning. I decided to not show up to the University until roughly 1pm today (class started later in the afternoon). I instead got up at 5:30 am, brewed a pot of double strength coffee (hazlenut flavored, by-the-way... my wife wanted me to have a treat), poured it in a thermos, brewed a second double strength pot of coffee, filled my tobacco pouch to the brim (I even had to coax and massage the pouch so I could close it with the zipper, it was that full), put on my work clothes (a tired looking, but very comfortable bib-overalls, an old, frayed, but comfortable button-down collared long sleeve shirt, and an old baseball cap), grabbed a mug and a small radio, and went out to the patio area. Turning the radio on softly, I listened to NPR news and heard Jazz (Ella Fitzgerald.... damn, when she sings "Blue Skies" it makes my loins quiver), drank coffee, smoked a helluva lot of pipe tobacco, and laid brick and cut sod from 6am until noon.

I then quickly hopped in the shower, and came to the U.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home