The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

.
Stable

I am sitting here in my lab office preparing for class. My coffee and my pipe are comforts to me and I have eaten a banana (When stresses like I am currently experiencing occur, I lose my appetite and basically need to force myself to eat at times.). My mother is stable right now. Hopefully things will continue in that vein.

It is ironic, that my original plan for yesterday and today was to write a long and significant essay here to my baby brother explaining how he should LIVE life and not be so worried and timid. During the weekend I had even thought of several analogies I had hoped to include in the essays to him to try to wake him out of his lethargy and fear about all things in life.

However, given my own state of mind, I am feeling more akin to throwing in the towel and saying his way is the more obvious and correct way to feel about things. It is on many levels very true that there is heartache and saddness lurking around every corner. I despise these notions but they seem quite vivid and true today.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home