The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, May 26, 2006

.
Not Sure

The "who gives a damn" malaise has struck me awfully damn hard. I am mentally, emotionally, and physically wiped out from all the sh*t that has been happening. The hospitalization of my elderly mother, my own vile viral infection (laryngitis for 3 days so far...imagine trying to lecture for 4 hours, and literal cups of wretched, chunky green mucous that I cough up), assinine comittee work, a kid brother who mopes around more than me, a wife that hs been moody, and temperatures that have been fluctuating during the last week with highs anywhere between 45 and 82 and lows anywhere between 37 and 66, and you can sense that I do not feel much balance or comfort in life at this time. I am actually pretty damn angry at much of the world, all the good it does me, and I pretty much have found no solace in anything.

I do not know if any of this matters. I do not know if I care if any of this matters. I do not know if anyone cares whether or not I care if any of this matters, and I do not know if I want anyone to care whether or not I care if any of this matters.

I may be done.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home