The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, July 08, 2006

.
A Day of Quiet

My elderly mother *seems* to be staying lucid in her thoughts now that the Indometacin has been halted (see yesterday's post for more details if interested). I am still not sure if her improvement will be long-term or if it is temporary. As with most things in life, I will hope and pray for the best outcome (she recovers and is fine) and instead prepare for and expect the worst (her death).

The hosptial situation these past 24 hours have been quite uneventful. My mother rested. She ate adequate amounts of food. She drank some fluids. She walked to the bathroom unaided. The sheer NORMALCY of this past day itself is AMAZING to me. I feel somewhat like a fool when I say the normalcy caught me off guard and I have been feeling rather disjointed in my thoughts and plans ever since.

I simply hope the favorable outlook continues.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home