The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

.
It Seems Wrong


For household use, we recently purchased one of the Dell budget laptop computers to compliment our regular desktop in my den and the older desktop we have in the family room. We selected this computer (Inspiron B130) because it came with an internal wireless card and also a router to attach to the regular desktop. All for less than $500. Now we have a computer to travel around anywhere in the house or yard, and we can also take it on trips (if desired) and use free wireless enabled areas.

The one issue I have, is I wanted to install and old copy of Photoshop I have (Photoshop 4.0). Something or other called "Director" comes on and says I need to have 3MB free memory to run this program. Even though this computer is simple and basic, I damn well know it is far more powerful than our older desktop, and is a helluva lot more powerful than virtually ANY computer from 1997, when I believe Photoshop 4.0 came out. I had this exact same message appearon the desktop in my den when I one time uninstalled Photoshop 4.0 because it had become corrupted and reinstalled it. The "Director" said I needed 3MB free memory to run the program. I called Dell then, and they walked me through how to "fix" this, and I could then reload the program successfully. I suspect if I could remember what they had me do, I could do the same for the laptop so I could load my Photoshop 4.0. Does anyone know what I am attempting to do?

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home