The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

.
Sorting "Out of Sorts"

Last week's lab exam threw both my outer office (the "public" one) and my back office (the quiet, private one at the back of my lab) into chaos. I spent a large part of this evening sorting through an enormous box (36 by 18 by 18 inch) of paper I picked up off the floors and off my desks. At home tonight, I sat in the middle of the floor of the family room while my wife, my mother and I watched an episode of "House" we had taped from when my mother was still hospitalized. It was the second episode of the season and revolved around a story of a six year old boy who had a chimeric cell lineage in his body because he absorbed his twin during embryological development. Usually "House" is extraordinairly well done. While this episode was better than just about any other drama on television, it was a bit off and of a lower quality than other episodes. The side story about House's recovery (lack of recovery) was far more interesting and well done.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home