The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, December 31, 2006

.
Disappointed in Myself

I disappointed myself today. I broke the major life rule I had been trying to keep at the forefront of my mind... "I can only change myself, not others." It is the same sort of story you may recall earlier:

My wife and I had difficulty in communicating effectively today. In a nutshell, I said something to my wife that she took as criticism (was not meant to be) and snapped at me. I have an extraordinairly difficult time dealing with people (especially those I love) when they snap at me. So we had a fair amount of negative words.

It was all pointless and all due to our not listening to each other. And I failed at my vow to only change myself. It took most of the day to work through the feelings and emotions.

It was a rough day.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home