The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

.
I Have To Work Harder

I need to work harder (and peraps longer) to find a way to regain "me". It may sound rather foolish and trite, but I feel I must find a way to exist as a total entity.

So, I have been trying to figure out how to transform things in my life to allow me to regain that which I feared was lost. I do not have a game plan yet, but wish to enact a workable plan as I begin Lent on Wednesday. The following is a list of things I have to keep in mind as I try to work this out. Please offer comments and/or suggestions:

1. I must be able to better care for my many levels of family.

2. I must work hard to be of better service to others.

3. I need to have a better, less sad, less frightened, less frustrated attitude.

4. I must get a week or better ahead of my classes for comfort.

5. I must learn to cry less about life.

6. I must remember "I can only change myself".

7. I should return to exercising (walking 5 miles a day).

8. I should refrain from my pipe (or at least limit said indulgence to perhaps only twice a day).

9. I must regain happiness.

10. I must find laughter again.

11. I must find small, beautiful nuggets of joy.

12. I must find a way to spend more time watching old movies with joyful themes.

13. I must work harder in all aspects of my life.

14. I must complain less.

15. I need to try harder to help others.

I shall be attempting to formulate my plan which I hope to blend with your comments and sugestions into my Lenten work to improve myself and improve how I help others.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home