The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, May 07, 2007

.
Miscellaneous

A list of details of the past several days:

1. Friday was 9 weeks since my mother died.

2. This weekend was especially hard for me concerning my mother. I cried heavily 6 different times between Friday and Sunday.

3. My sister's child that died would have turned 30 this past Sunday. She committed suicide when she was 17. It is still very haunting. I am still angry at her for doing this.

5. One cat in my home had a birthday on Saturday. Amy is now 17.

6. Toby (who passed away in the Summer last year) would also have been 17 on Saturday. He was another cat in our family. He was originally my Aunt's cat. When my Aunt came to live with us, she brought Toby as well. When my Aunt passed away a few years ago, we of course kept Toby. Toby was diabetic, so I ended up giving him daily injections of insulin for years.

7. The other cat we have, Rufus, is going to be six years on December 27th. We found him on the 7th anniversary of my father's death in March.

8. I ended up watching "Beach Party" on AMC Sunday night. My younger readers may be unfamiliar with this film (starring Annette Funicello and Frankie Avalon), but it is a rather cheesy film. Yet, in watching this film, I became tearful... because of its gentle view of life and its happy demeanor. In so many ways I miss thinking of life in that manner... thinking life was to be filled with joy and adventure. The truth is so much starker and harsh.

9. I am probably 50% finished with grading. I plan to get up at 6am and head to school to finish the damn things and if I am lucky, I will get them turned in before noon.

What shall I do then? Part of me would like to a local bar and get sloshed to the gills. It is unlikely I will do that. Perhaps I shall go home and sleep. Or if I can muster up the energy, I will go for a walk. Part of me thinks that is about as likely as going to get sloshed.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home