The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, August 06, 2007

.
I Hate Lawyers

I have met several lawyers in my life and career and I must say that I have yet to find one that I have felt comfortable or friendly speaking with. In every instance, I have found the lawyers I have known to be rather "slick and oily" and someone I would find suspicious in day-to-day life.

My latest encounter with a lawyer is no exception. I must go visit one tomorrow to see about becoming the administrator of my mother's estate. I can only imagine the several hundreds of dollars they will charge to allow me to fill out this simple paperwork.

My stomach hurts like hell, and I had a sick feeling all weekend long. I had initially thought it was the stomach flu, but when it struck again with fierce pain following the conversation I had with the lawyer's assistant over the phone, I believe it may be related to my great distaste for their profession and also to my discomfort with the task at hand.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home