The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

.
Fly Away

Yesterday went very well. I actually accomplished all of my goals I had set. The two classes I met with yesterday went smoothly and the students appeared attentive. I shall see how today's class goes, but I anticipate similar results. I am feeling quite positive today, so I am hoping I am not setting myself up for a horrendous fall.

Today I am wearing my favorite brown work clothes... beige khakis, dark brown belt, dark brown shoes with laces (I personally abhor shoes without laces and do not wear any shoe without them (except a pair of beach sandals)), Medium brown, stripped long-sleeve shirt with button down collar, golden brown patterned tie, light weight navy sport coat with brass buttons, and of course a deep brown, walnut colored pipe that looks much like this one in the pocket of my sport coat.

I shall endeavor to do some reading and writing after class this afternoon. Perhaps I will work on my new research idea. I want to work on a comparative study of the development of the nervous system and am thinking I may be able to use fruit fly larvae for this line of research. If I am correct, it will correlate well with my mice and rat studies.

I went to the cemetary after I finished classes at the University yesterday and sat and talked with my mother and my father at their shared grave site. It was a quiet and tranquil scene. As had been a pattern during most of my life, I liked to show Mom and Dad my "new duds" as I returned to my more traditional, professorial attire in the fall (compared to the more casual summer clothes). I also described how the new semester's first day went in my classes. I brought my mother a red rose and laid it upon her side of the grave site, and I brought one of my father's pipes I had filled earlier with a bowlful of his favorite blend and sat there and thought of them, talked to them, tried to listen for them speaking to me, and worked on having a sense of them still being a part of my day-to-day world.

I wonder if "C" (the person who I had thought was a good friend, but have apparently been shunned by) ever reads any of my site any longer. It seems that most of the commenters he now replies to are those female commenters who seem to want to "help" him and encourage him in his romance. I miss speaking with him. But, life moves on.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home