The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

.
The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

Trying to screw up my courage and ambition as I head to bed, I keep trying to think of upbeat songs that are designed to boost one's spirits. Here is the list I have come up with thus far:

1. The Impossible Dream - Man of LaMancha
2. Over The Rainbow - Wizard of Oz
3. Tomorrow - Annie
4. Miracles of Miracles - Fiddler On the Roof
5. Man of La Mancha - Man of La Mancha
6. What I Did For Love - A Chorus Line
7. Think of Me - Phantom of the Opera
8. Aquarius - Hair
9. To Life - Fiddler on the Roof
10. Heaven on Their Minds - J.C. Superstar

It was surprising to me to realize that all the songs I listed in my mind were all from musicals... more aptly musical theater. Perhaps I should attempt to think of songs from other venues as well. Perhaps later, but I am wondering if it is significant in any way that musical theater so permeates my mind? For good or for bad.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home