The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

.
Still Tugging on the Bootstraps

Well, I have to try to take pride in the small accomplishments I do have. It has been four days now since I started my latest "Pick Myself Up By the Bootstraps" campaign and thus far I have been able to stick with it and add a bit. Here is a brief list of my efforts:

Saturday - In an effort to purge my mind and spirit, I ate a plain toasted bagel for breakfast and a single pear for lunch. For dinner I halved my portion size from my typical for the foods I ate.

Sunday - Repeat of Saturday

Monday - Normal but smaller work breakfast, half sized portions of lunch and dinner.

Tuesday - Repeat of Monday, but added in a five mile walk.

Perhaps eating only half of my normal allotment of food and somehow forcing myself into vigorous exercise every day will alleviate the blues? It is my hope, but it is based in part on science.

There is evidence that exercise will dissipate stress hormones.

There is also evidence that less food improves lifespan.

So, there it is. Comments and/or suggestions appreciated.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home