The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

.
Taped House...

A bit of a rambling, chimeric post today:

1. Bootstraps STILL CONTINUE to be pulled by me. I did exercise this morning, although it was not easy getting out the door. I keep hoping that if I am consistent with it, I may be able to harbor in a new dawn in terms of my emotional state. The increased metabolic activity from the vigor of the walking will physiologically cause me to urinate out of my body excess stress hormones.

2. The season premiers of two television shows my wife and I both enjoy were on last evening. We videotaped both of them because we were occupied in other pursuits. One show is "House". Even though I do not act outwardly as mean and gruff as Dr. House, I feel a sort of kinship to this character in terms of his inner, emotional self. His psyche is (to my way of thinking) filled with pain, sorrow, and fear. The other show is "Biggest Loser" which (please do not heckle me, it is a far better show than most give it credit for) is a contest between contestants who all are medically morbidly obese. The goal is to have these participants learn to eat in a more healthy way for themselves and to exercise like hell to get them back into a better physical shape. For me (and my wife) this show is a favorite because it feels so inspirational. It shows how thinking and hard work *can* make transformations happen.

3. I am thinking of drastically reducing or perhaps curtailing my relationship with my friendly briar pipes. I have a myriad of reasons for this consideration... some relate to the past (my previous refraining for spiritual/philosophical reasons... that I angrily curtailed when my beloved mother passed away), some to the present (a rather unemotional mindset towards my pipes of late... I used to find each bowlful of pipe tobacco joyous and pleasant, now there is no emotion), and some to the future (how do I forsee myself in society in the future... would I simply become an outcast? If so, do I want to take on the yoke of that role, whether it is right or wrong?).

As I told you, this post was going to have many bits and pieces.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home