The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

.
Packing List for Deer Camp

Thus far, the following are the items I am taking with me up to camp this year:

1. Rifle (yes, I am taking it, but I strongly suspect it will be only for show and will remain in my pickup truck the entire time). It feels sacrilegious to not take it with me to deer camp, even when I do not plan to hunt.

2. 3-4 Gallons of Water (I dislike the flavor of well water in the region of camp so I am taking my own supply.)

3. A fresh 1 pound can of Sir Walter Raleigh Pipe Tobacco (Although please note that my own variety is non-Aromatic (slightly different from the image) and is more beautifully potent.)

4. A fifth of whiskey

5. A fifth of tequila (I am not overly fond of tequila, so I am bringing this in hopes that others may enjoy it, as it is a bottle that was given to me in April as a gift by a student thanking me for a letter I wrote him that helped him get into medical school).

6. A case of beer (bottles, not cans)

7. Two dozen eggs

8. Italian Sausage

9. Green Peppers & Tomatoes (the above three are to cover my responsibility for one of the breakfasts).

10. Three decks of cards (we may need more than one deck depending on the game of choice).

This is a work in progress. Perhaps I will add more to it tomorrow as I think about this more.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home