The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008

.
Monnday Was Rough As Hell

Monday was a very bad day. I felt grumpy and angry at most folks, and had most of my day taken up by people robbing me of my time to think, or act, or do anything for myself. Of course, I put on my best "grinning, furry-faced" demeanor to try to mask my irritation.

I did not get to walk Monday morning, as is my current routine. I am not sure, but this may have contributed to my feelings of orneriness. But, due to an illness in my family, schedules had to be disrupted and my walk fell to the wayside. The vampires at work almost succeeded in bleeding me dry, and I didn't get a damn thing done that was what *I* wanted to do for growth and development. As I left the building, very late (6:15pm) I had a blinding headache. I gingerly slid into the seat in the cab of my pick-up and sat the for a few minutes feeling stunned and veritably numb all over from the exhaustion. Afterwards, I backed up out of the space and drove through campus and finally off campus onto a normal roadway. As I built up to normal traveling speed, I reached over to my pipe box and pulled out a very large bowled, full-bent briar pipe, and filled it with a mix of a very strong, harsh, unflavored leaf mixed 5:1 with a mild aromatic burley. As I drove, I ignited the leaf and inhaled deeply to try to have the rich smoke dissipate the ache of my head.

I still felt spent and exhausted when I arrived home, so the pipe did not do the trick as the headache was still there. We had a simple meal, and, even though I despised doing so and did not want to with every fiber in my body go walking, I forced myself to do so at 9:30 pm in the dark.

The headache dissipated somewhat and now I am ready for bed.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home