The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, November 03, 2008

.
Please Vote

Tomorrow is election day here in the U.S. And, while I am NOT overly enthusiastic about either major presidential candidate, my vote will be given to Barack Obama because I think he has a better chance of acting in a way that treats people kindly, and equitably. I think he may actually help make national health care possible, and I suspect he may try to make the educational system better. He may even try to support science research funding more.

I suspect Barack Obama will be a generally adequate president who will perform some reasonably positive tasks for the nation. John McCain, while a nice fellow, would likely not make any noticably beneficial change in the IMPORTANT issues to most people.

It should have been Hillary Clinton running on the Democratic Ticket. That would have been a helluva lot more inspirational. She is an amazing and great leader and I wish we would have had her for a nominee. But, alas, it is not to be. Therefore, my tepid endorsement is for Mr. Obama.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home