The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

.
Prayer

We had a great deal of snow last night. Since I did not have a class today, I decided to play hooky. I was actually quite happy to play hooky because I had a difficult evening the night before, and really had no interest in attending the Department Holiday Party (a lunch) today. So, while at home I washed dishes, shoveled snow, repaired some of the Christmas lights outside, and have ordered a few presents for my wife on-line.

I also went for a walk through the heavy snow and wore my large, heavy galoshes. I walked about 6 miles (roughly ~10 km).

During the walk, I contemplated my still simmering resentment over the attitude of Ed last Friday. After yesterday's post, I thought I was on my way to being over his nastiness, but I was not. He came in and while I chose to not talk with him, his presence in and around the area was aggrivating (especially since he never comes in on Monday's during the earlier part of the semester as he has a night class). It all came to a head last evening at home when I was so filled again with anger that I had a horrible evening.

Well, on my walk today, I prayed to God to help me get over this anger, and to somehow actually forgive this person I am so angry at. I am not there yet, but I am trying to continue to focus on that as my desire and goal. I want to get on with living my life in the happy, contented manner I have been able to create. It is so very difficult for me to get over feelings I have when someone is rude or hurtful to me. I wish I knew a magic solution to this issue, but I do not. All I know is I must keep trying to regain my own happiness about life. It was a struggle enough to get over the real sadnesses I have experienced the last two years, I need to grasp as tightly the new happiness I have found.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home