The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

.
Day 93

I apologize for the lack of posts. We have been having a helluva lot of snow the last several days. Upwards of a total of 20 inches or so (roughly 51 cm). Therefore, much of my time has been spent plowing and shoveling the various walkways, driveways, etc. The most harsh of the weather was not the snow, however, the worst was on Sunday where we had a day of horrific winds in the 40+ mph (which is 65+ km/hr for my metric oriented friends). This wind undid all of the snow clearing efforts and actually created enormous drifts which because of the driving wind were packed very solidly which made removal even more arduous the next morning when the winds died down.

The prediction is for another 12 inches (30.5 cm) in the next 24 hours. So, hopefully the power will stay on and we will be able to dig out eventually.

The one thing I am very proud of is that I HAVE STILL WALKED EVERY DAY! Today was day 92! The going is rough as I have to trudge through huge drifts of snow virtually the whole way, with the sidewalks poorly if at all plowed. Walking in the road is a must in many areas and I usually arrive back soaked from all the snow that runs down my boots and the back of my coat. But I DO IT! The most entertaining part of the snow walking is that I arrive back home the last several days with a cake of frosty icicles hanging from my mustache and beard. I feel and look like the photos of the Arctic explorers.

Unless there is a power outage, I will be on again on Wednesday.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home