The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

.
Still Feeling Stress & Now Dread

Still feeling the stress of the first week as my upper division course has its first laboratory session this week. We have already met for lecture, but the lab portion is truly like an additional course with additional goals and objectives. After I get it under my belt, all should feel better... Except....

We are having our first damn Department Meeting of the Semester this Friday. As much as I try to put it out of my mind, and try to not feel anxiety or stress about it, I hate and despise going to these things. You may recall the meeting we had close to the end of the semester in December where ole Ed acted like an obnoxious idiot and I allowed myself to be upset about it for days. This is not the only time something like this happens specifically in the Department Meeting. It is frustrating because one-on-one I generally like and get along with most everyone in the Department. But in these meetings, some of them just become absolutely egomaniacal and downright rude and hurtful. I have not liked going to Department Meetings for the last five years or so.

I am going to attempt to acquire a "Zen" attitude about it all, but it is awfully damn hard.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home