The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, January 06, 2009

.
Sadness Due To Being "Tugged"

I am experiencing sadness today that I attribute to having had a day where none of the work I had wanted to do and had planned to was able to be worked on as I was pulled in a myriad of different directions by all sorts of different forces at work.

I left exhausted and sad. Add to this an upcoming dentist appointment I am not looking forward to on Thursday. My new dentist (the prior one retired, sadly) is "trendier" and does not replace fillings with amalgams as was common practice for decades, but instead ONLY uses the white porcelain replacement material... which is brittle. This is fine in many applications, but I have TMJ, and this results in me exerting enormous grinding pressures on my molars even when I wear "bite guards". To make this long story shorter... because I grind my teeth, the idiotic white fillings they put in my molars (to replace the old amalgam they said was "worn") have broken three times now. They are itching to grind out my beautiful tooth and put a crown in instead, which I DO NOT WANT! So, I am girding myself up for a battle on Thursday as my latest filling in this tooth fell out this afternoon.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home