The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

.
I Feel Good (Knock on Wood)

It is very nice to say that I feel very good this morning emotionally. I am hiding away in the back office of my lab and working on MY projects. Emotionally, I feel quite calm, even keeled, and even happy. For me it seems that having a predictable routine is VERY good for my emotional health and psychological makeup.

Other than teaching and my research group meeting today, I am planning to stay tucked away quietly from the pressing questions and needs of others so that I may engage in work that helps me feel accomplished and whole. Tonight, I look forward to a wonderfully classic "American" dinner of macaroni and cheese (I made this, and worked very creatively to make it VERY healthy and low fat (whole wheat & very high fiber pasta, fat-free cheese, humus, fat free sour cream, spices and other ingredients to make the classic powerfully flavorful, creamy, and a very healthy and delicious rendition of the classic). We shall have turkey hot-dogs (I know, a little odd as well, but they taste good and are healthy and feel like a childhood comfort food) smothered in spicy mustard, a huge pile of chopped onions and relish. Of course, we will have a large vegetable with this and a huge salad. It should be grand! Additionally, I look forward to a quiet evening at home with my wife. We likely will watch tv and chat away the evening (or perhaps also have some physical intimacy [furry-faced grin] if I am lucky!).

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home