The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Monday, October 05, 2009

.
Damn Right!

I have been thinking about my previous post a lot this weekend, and the more I think about it, the more I think it is right on the money. To hell with all this crap, to hell with all the b*llsh*t I get wrapped up in at work, all the people trying to make me do sh*t for them. Life for me should BE about ME, and those I LOVE. My wife and kids deserve so much happiness, and I damn well deserve it too.

Well, actually, I do not DESERVE it, I know that I probably deserve NOTHING in life, for I am an insignificant speck in this universe. But I DAMN WELL WANT HAPPINESS.

I am going to forge ahead in my effort to become a hedonist. I am not quite sure yet how to proceed, but I feel it is a new, and worthy goal.

I also like Andrew's comment about perhaps adopting more of a biker persona. I have often thought it would be a very comfortable fit. Last year, at the annual Halloween Bash, I even dressed in my rendition of a biker and met with raucous approval. Perhaps I will take Andrew's advice and allow myself the joy of growing into an even MORE eccentric academic... by allowing my beard to grow pleasantly shaggy and becoming more akin to this fellow. I could easily grow shaggier like he is. I could easily smoke a few cigars to substitute for a small percentage of my pipes (I typically indulge in perhaps one or two cigars a week already). This would allow my mustache to acquire more of the amber hue of the biker fellow as well.

I have to think more, how should I become more and more of a hedonist? I think a "biker" hedonist is perhaps my destiny.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home