The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, May 09, 2010

.
Happy Mother's Day



A grand wish for a happy mother's day to all Moms out there. I hope you have a day that is filled with love and joy.

This will be the third Mother's Day since my own beloved Mom has died. I miss her enormously and wish she could talk with me. Last evening, I drove across town and placed a rose bush at her grave. I additionally placed a container of flowers at my grandmother's grave, and the grave of a very dear aunt. My mother always asked me to bring flowers to her own mother during times when my mother was sick in the hospital, and I will do this every year to honor and hopefully please her.

Mom, I wish and hope that you can hear me and see me. I love you! I miss you greatly! I so wish you could speak with me! I hope that you feel I am a good father, husband, son, and professor! I hope that you are proud of me! I hope that I will always live life in a way that will make you proud of me!

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger Middle Ditch said...

I am as sure that your mum heard you, as I am that mine did. Important people, mothers.

Sunday, 09 May, 2010  
Blogger austere said...

She hears you.

Monday, 10 May, 2010  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home