The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

.
A Long, But Better Day

Today was very long, and there was work and effort occuring during most every moment of the day and evening. I was out walking by 5am. I was in my office by 8:10am. I feverishly worked on paperwork until I taught at 10:30. I worked feverishly on research from the moment I left class at 2:00pm until 4:00pm. I did a mixture of work and home related errands from 4:00 until 7:00pm. I helped out at home until I sat down at 9:30pm to eat dinner.

Yet, in the midst of it all, I worked on keeping my emotions in check and I did not feel the sadness nor the anger I have been prone to of late.

So, today was better.

PipeTobacco

3 Comments:

Blogger MRMacrum said...

Staying busy certainly seems to keep the brain from focusing on anything but that which is in front of us.

Friday, 21 January, 2011  
Blogger muddleglum said...

I've had days like this and felt amazed!

Good balance of the external and internal, sir. Hope you didn't drain too much energy and a good night's rest will set you on another good day.

Friday, 21 January, 2011  
Blogger BBC said...

The weekend is coming..... :-)

Friday, 21 January, 2011  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home