The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

.
Hand Bicycle



At the gym each morning, I am now (in addition to my 5 mile walk outside), bicycling with a "hand bicycle" much like that shown above for 3 miles. I think it is having a positive effect on my arms and chest region. I started using this hand bicycle about 2 weeks ago. I should write down the date.

PipeTobacco

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I've never seen a machine like that, it should be rigged with a generator to run LED lights, or a laptop. Or charge your cell phone.

Rick has a bar with a cord wrapped around it with a weight at the other end of the cord. He turns it to raise the weight and then reverses it to lower it.

It builds up a lot of the arms muscles, he learned that trick when he was doing hill climbs with motorcycles, they need strong arms to control the bike.

Wednesday, 14 December, 2011  
Blogger MRMacrum said...

I hate to point out the obvious error in calling this a "bicycle", hand or otherwise. But I did anyway.

Friday, 16 December, 2011  
Blogger austere said...

Didn't know such a contraption existed. Impressive.

Saturday, 17 December, 2011  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is an excellent machine. I worked out in a gym when i was in the Navy that had two of these. After my daily work out I would get on this machine and pedal. At first I wore out pretty fast, but after a few weeks of using it daily, I could go quite a while, but I also noticed my entire upper body strength was increasing greatly and from my trunk up, I was getting solid. Since then I could never find one of these machines again. I want to get one to use after every workout!

Thursday, 09 February, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home