The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Rainy Saturday






I ended up not going to visit my elderly father-in-law yesterday.  I felt tired and a bit out-of-sorts.  In many ways I wish I would have gone, but that is in the past now.  Instead, what I did, because I knew of the impending rain we would get all weekend long, is, that I mowed the lawn.

Whatever this illness I had first acquired 12 days ago, was a doozy.  While physically I am much improved (today, I would say B+ as I feel a bit more run down than I would like), it is a long-lingering sort of cold/flu where you do not bounce back as quickly as I would like to.  I have heard this from others as well, as it seems to be an illness that is "going around" these parts.  Most say they are worn and wiped for 2.5 - 3 weeks.

I am hoping my vim and vigor return soon.  It is aggravating to have so much residual phlegm still and to also get tired so early in the evening.

PipeTobacco


5 Comments:

Blogger Andrew said...

Pipe, I hope you return to full well being soon. I am lucky in the fact that I haven' had a cold, virus, or infection in years. Probably a decade. My diseased brain makes up for it, though.

Saturday, 12 May, 2012  
Blogger H@rry said...

Have you ever had a co-worker come in one morning after having been been absent the previous day and say "I had the flu yesterday"? And they are standing upright and look fairly healthy? I don't know what they had "yesterday" but it was not the flu! The fly will put you "out of order" for at least a week, maybe more.

Saturday, 12 May, 2012  
Blogger H@rry said...

Not "the fly" but "the flu" - sorry 'bout that.

Saturday, 12 May, 2012  
Blogger BBC said...

A: You are not young anymore, so you bounce back slower.

B: You smoke, don't expect that to help with age.

C: Beautiful weather here for a change, just fucking beautiful.

D: Ah hell, forgot what D was. LOL

Saturday, 12 May, 2012  
Blogger austere said...

In due course.
Wait...until then, there's brandy with lime and honey...

Monday, 14 May, 2012  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home