The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Sunday, February 03, 2013

Damn Hard



Staying away from my pipes was an awfully damn challenging thing for me yesterday.  I think there were a number of times yesterday where I felt like the way the fellow looks in the above image.   I think it was a mixture of a) having an unfocused and unscheduled Saturday with little planned to accomplish, and b) the after effects of having the wonderful fun on enjoying my pipes the evening before.   I must have thought of my pipes and wanting to smoke some pipe tobacco at least 50 times yesterday.  But, I was successful in refraining.

Oh well, it is all a learning process of sorts.  Maybe I am learning how to cope with that sort of feeling?  Perhaps it will always be a part of the process if I am successful in adopting SOPS V2?  Or, perhaps it simply means I need a more carefully constructed plan of how to not have the cravings on Saturdays?  

Today, we have a distant relative's birthday party to attend.  It is on my wife's side of the family.  It is not typically the most relaxing of experiences for a variety of reasons.  In the past, my pipe has been a big part of my coping mechanisms to simply muddle through the event.  I will be thinking of how to succeed through this without my pipes. 

Yet, even with that "party" to get through, I am really looking forward to coming home afterwards and being with my family at home and having a nice late afternoon and evening.  That is when I will feel most happy today.    That, and when I was walking outside in the beautifully frigid air with the dog at 5:30.

PipeTobacco

Today's (Sunday's) Goal = 0 bowls
Saturday's [2/2] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Saturday) = 0  bowls


Walking Day 1596 / SOPS Day 10

4 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I like a good puff or two when I'm sitting on a toilet taking a crap.

You're doing great, keep it up.

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Blogger BBC said...

I don't recall you mentioning the dog before, what kind is it?

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Blogger Doc Teri said...

I think you're still doing fantastic! I have fallen off the wagon...still not at my prior level, but not where I would like to be (which is none). I'm trying to be gentle with myself but I, like you, tend to judge myself too harshly. Be gentle with yourself...you're doing a wonderful job!!!

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tobacco has long been known to have purgative properties. Do not forget this in your endeavours to slay the Daemon Weed.

Sunday, 03 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home