The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Snow and More Snow



We had a fairly decent amount of snow begin to fall yesterday afternoon.  At first, I was concerned because I have roughly an hour's drive to go across the county to get to my in-laws.  But, I was just careful and meandered out there a bit more slowly.  It was a nice afternoon.  I thouroughly enjoyed my three bowls of pipe tobacco, and am now ready to refrain until the next opportunity for a SOPS V.2 day arises.  This may be next Friday.   So, I am still on the path to have the number of days of success in a row increase.  I did what I said I would do on Friday, so even though that day does not add to my total, it does not negate my running streak.  Even though at this time, a one day running streak is not a whole helluva lot.  But, in a month or two, the number will become large enough that it will help me to not fall off the wagon, just like my walking number (being near 1600) is a strong motivator to keep on keeping on with the routine. 

PipeTobacco

Today's (Saturday's) Goal = 0 bowls

Friday's [1/25] Goal = 3 bowls
Actual consumption (Friday) = 3  bowls

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Still no snow here, may not get any this winter, in the low areas anyway.

You're doing swell, I cut back a lot yesterday and plan on doing better today, I won't take a pipe to the shooting match.

Sunday, 27 January, 2013  
Blogger austere said...

Seems like terrible weather.
(or terrific)

Monday, 28 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home