The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, February 01, 2013

Yes or No Depends on Snow

 

Today is the one day this week that has been identified by me as a "special occasion pipe smoking day".  I have been looking forward to heading out across the county and going to visit my elderly father-in-law for libations and pipes.  Yet, there is a *potential* for some snow.  If the snow occurs in a decent amount, that may force the cancellation of  the visit.  While I would miss visiting with him, and I would miss having the opportunity to smoke some pipe tobacco, whichever way it ends up going weather wise, it will be fine. I do think there is slightly greater than a 50% chance I will get to go later in the afternoon. 

The wind this morning during my outdoor 5 mile walk was very, very brisk and biting.  I had icecicles hanging from moustache and beard sort of like the fellow above, by the time I returned.  I took the dog out for a shorter walk as well, and then went to the gym to weight train and then ran (untimed) 1.5 miles without stopping.

PipeTobacco

Today's (Friday's) Goal = 0 bowls or 3 bowls
Thursday's [1/31] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Thursday) = 0 bowls


Walking Day 1594 / SOPS Day8


3 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

It's been so mild here this winter, over 50 degrees the other day.

I didn’t start out on a walk until 6:30 this morning, by then the traffic on 101 is picking up, stopped at the corner market, it’s like an old country store, got a cup of hot chocolate and bullshitted with Glen and other customers for a while. Decent way to start the day.

Enjoy them if you get to go. I'm getting cut back some, easier to do that when a bitch isn't hounding me.

Friday, 01 February, 2013  
Blogger amelia said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Friday, 01 February, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amelia lives in Northern Ontario.

So do I

Pembroke.

The Tutor is from Toronto

Saturday, 02 February, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home