The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, January 25, 2013


1



Well, I made it through the first day of SOPS V.2, and it was pretty straight forward.  I really think this "number thing" may be just the ticket I need for consistency.  In SOPS V.2, I am aiming to garner an ever increasing number of sequential days in a row of not smoking my pipe except on special predesignated occasions.   Today shall be one of those days as I will go visit my elderly father-in-law for an enjoyable afternoon.  I get to keep an ever increasing number of successful days in a row, if I only indulge on the special occasion days.  The special occasion day will not ADD to my total number of successful days.  But if I indulge on a non-special occasion day, I will have my total number of successful days in a row go back to zero. 

Today's (Friday's) Goal = 3 bowls
Thursday's [1/24] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Thursday) = 0  bowls

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I'm aiming for total cessation. Fuck, that's a big word for me to use, wonder where it came from.

Anyway, working harder on stopping again.

Saturday, 26 January, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"....Today shall be one of those days as I will go visit my elderly father-in-law for an enjoyable afternoon....."

This is more important than surreptitiously sequentialising sequences, yes?

Saturday, 26 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home