The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Cold






It is extremely cold here.  Actual temperatures are below zero most mornings. I have recorded -4 and -5 degrees (F) on my thermometer.  The wind chill is often -30 to  - 35 degrees (F) (for my Celsius oriented friends, this should state..... I have recorded -20 and -21 actual degrees C on my thermometer.  The wind chill is often -35 to - 38 degrees C).

It has been very busy lately as well.  Fortunately (knock on wood), at this time the "horrific hellions" that made my life exceptionally unpleasant last week have been kept at bay.

It is too damn cold for much of anything fun outside.  I do continue to walk my five miles every morning, but I am quite bundled up.  I am somewhere close to 1600 days in a row now.  I will have to figure it out to the day again.

On the pipe front, I have been lazy.  I am not really trying right now, much to my own chagrin.  I am not sure why.  The anger I had last week really wiped me out, and the cold has wiped me out.  My mental focus is limited.

January is usually a challenge like this, but with the nastiness of the "horrific hellions" leaving a bitter residue still in my mouth, it feels more tiresome and I feel more fatalistic than usual.  I will think about that today more and try to fix myself up to be better.  This may be the subject of Thursday's essay.

PipeTobacco


Today's (Wednesday's) Goal = 0 bowls

Tuesday's [1/22] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Tuesday) = 4  bowls

Monday's [1/21] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Monday) = 3 bowls


Sunday's [1/20] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Sunday) = 3 bowls

Saturday's [1/19] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Saturday) = 3 bowls


Friday's [1/18] Goal = 2 bowls
Actual consumption (Friday) = 3 bowls

Thursday's [1/17] Goal = 0 bowls
Actual consumption (Thursday) = 3 bowls

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

It looks Siberia there, with family restaurants. Been pretty decent here, not even getting down to freezing and little rain.

You're doing great on the walking, and not bad on the pipe, keep up the good work.

Wednesday, 23 January, 2013  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get.off.the.shit.

Thursday, 24 January, 2013  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home