The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

In a Perfect World...

If the world were perfect, then I would be able to smoke my pipes and pipe tobacco's as often as I would like and anywhere I would like.  When I was younger I misguidedly thought the world was darn near perfect, and I did smoke when and where I wanted.  Many folks did.  The real world reality is of course different.

Yet, the reality of the world is that it is what it is.  I am adjusting my behavior accordingly in many ways.  And truth be told, so far all seems reasonably "ok".  It is not what I would choose in my perfect world vision, but I am making the real world more "perfect" for me to live in.  I try to do my work without angst to the best of my ability, I try to treat people kindly to the best of my ability, and now I am having pipe tobacco indulgence be as close to worry-free "perfection as my mind can currently follow.  

Today is my 7th day of my new pipe adventure.  I went from 80 pipes in a week down to two purposeful pipes on Friday with my elderly father-in-law.  I savored those two most meaningful pipes for me and eliminated the rest.  It was not easy, but it was manageable.  That was a 97.5% reduction, which is close to perfection in this imperfect world.  For now that seems good.  I shall endeavor to carry on in this way.

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I've been saying for years that if I didn't smoke I'd fucking be perfect.

But I'm not fucking perfect so the doctor prescribed an inhaler for me yesterday, for use only if/when I need it.

Good job on cutting down....

Wednesday, 12 March, 2014  
Blogger BBC said...

I told the doctor yesterday about these two fucking crazy professors I know that smoke.

Hahahahaha...

Wednesday, 12 March, 2014  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home