The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review of "Red Cap" Pipe Tobacco

I have tried a few bowls of "Red Cap" pipe tobacco today, and I must say it is a bit surprising.  I think BBC is very correct in that it is a very cheap pipe tobacco.  It is not something I will go out of my way to acquire in the future.  However, it was interesting in a few ways:

1.  It was a very heavy, thick leafed pipe tobacco.  It seemed almost "chubby" in its texture.  That is different. 

2.  It has a flavor that is very "cigar-like" in tone.  It is not bad, but it is not exactly a stellar flavor either.

3.  It is rather potent, however.  I could feel the impact of this pipe tobacco more than other pipe tobaccos I typically indulge in, which is odd, for I tend to gravitate towards strong tobaccos. 

4.  The tobacco was very dry, which is something I rather prefer. 

Overall, it was an interesting experience.  I will not throw out this package of pipe tobacco, but I also will not seek it out to purchase again.  However, if I am desperate and find it is the only pipe tobacco available, it is ok.  The dryness and the strength are two positives, but the other qualities are much lower than I would prefer.

PipeTobacco

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home