The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Vegetarian Sloppy Joes



Even though it seems like an oxymoron, VEGETARIAN sloppy joes were what we had for dinner last night.  Now, do not get me wrong, I am NOT opposed to eating vegetarian foods in the slightest, and in fact, my wife and I typically have been having less meat in our meals for a few years now.  We typically are averaging about two dinners each week where there is a meat dish, and it is either chicken or fish. 

Again, I am not against people eating meat in any way.  We both just gradually became less meat focused 1) to eat healthier, and 2) we both gradually have been finding meat dishes to be less and less favorable to our palette.

But, back to the sloppy joes.... the concept of a sloppy joe WITHOUT meat seemed so odd.  But, with our dish, with it being heavily bean and lentil centered, the taste and texture was quite good.  I would be more than happy to have this dish quite often, whenever my wife wishes to rotate it into our menu.  The only thing I would change, however.... is I think we should call them something else.... "sloppy joes" does not seem the right name. 

PipeTobacco

1 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

Should be ok on a high fiber bun or muffin. Do they have a lot of calories? I need more calories.

Tuesday, 07 July, 2015  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home