The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Life of Leisure... Bah!



It was a decent sort of WORK day for me.  I am feeling pretty much up to snuff at the moment and the damn cold is really feeling like it is finally "leaving the building".  Mucous expenditure is down to close to zero again (it seemed like a flood for a few days), and I was able to sleep fully through the night with no waking up due to coughing.  The coughing I had was what convinced me the malady I faced was pharyngytis and not simply allergies.  The few times I have had pharyngytis in the past, the same sort of 2-3 days of coughing while sleeping would..... keep me from sleeping.  During the 2-3 days I had the idiotic cough while sleeping this time, I think I really slept perhaps a total of 4 hours across the full three days.  It was making me quite grouchy.  I am glad I do not generally cough under normal conditions. 

I ran 2.5 miles of the 5 today.  Damn, I should always know better and say "jog" as I am slow... probably slower than a snail compared to others.  But again, my heart rate was up to 150.  I am getting close to the golden 25th day.... if I can get to that milestone for running, dammit... jogging.... I think I will have established enough of a habit, enough of a larger number to feel compelled to continue. 

I read a study of people who were on the NBC show, The Biggest Loser, today.  It talked about how and why many of the contestants have gained considerable weight back, with some returning to their previous levels.  It was a bit nerve wracking to read, as the show actually has been an inspiration to me and was at least a small part of my own 100 pound weight loss damn near 8 years ago now.  I have maintained my weight loss (fluctuating about 5 pounds) during that time, but I do admit that some times it is easier than others.  In order to maintain my new lower volume girth I think I may need to do some additional examination and see if I can further hone my metabolism to help make sure I can stay put at my normal BMI.  I do not want to creep back up like many of these contestants have done. 

PipeTobacco

2 Comments:

Blogger BBC said...

I think I am gaining a little weight and that is a good thing.

Thursday, 05 May, 2016  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

when i quit drinking, the pounds magically rolled off.

keep accurate daily records so you can take immediate corrective action if the weight creeps up.

Saturday, 07 May, 2016  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home