The Thoughts of a Frumpy Professor

............................................ ............................................ A blog devoted to the ramblings of a small town, middle aged college professor as he experiences life and all its strange variances.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Somewhat Better

I am feeling somewhat better today. I do not have a fever (that may be due to taking two aspirin last night).  During the three days of illness so far I have taken a total of three aspirin tablets and two Sudafed tablets.  I feel that was an ok amount of medications across the three days.  It was not excessive and no where near the highest recommended dosages of any of the medications.  That makes it feel safe to me.  I try to not take any medications because I think they are often more troublesome than they are worth.  I am not required to take any medications by my doctor.  But the things I do take daily are a multivitamin, a few vitamin C tablets, an echinacea tablet and a few fiber capsules.  These are my "medicines" so-to-speak.  Except of course my nemesis of indulgence on pipe tobacco and 2-3 strong libations a week.  It does not seem overly excessive, except for the damn pipe tobacco, of course.

I think I am definitely on the mend.  I ran the full five miles without having to stop twice like I did yesterday when my fever and severe nausea had my run my five miles in a 3+1+1 arrangement.  I know I was slower than usual, running about a 9:20 mile pace, but for how sick I have been, I am accepting of this slowness.  Hopefully by next week sometime I will be fully back up to snuff at my normal running pace.

PipeTobacco

7 Comments:

Blogger Sharon said...

Happy to hear you are feeling better. Still a good idea to take it easy for a while.

Friday, 29 September, 2017  
Blogger Gorilla Bananas said...

It might be wise to avoid running altogether when you're feeling under the weather, Professor. Rest is often the best cure for the common or garden cold virus.

Sunday, 01 October, 2017  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

Unfortunately, not running is not an option psychologically. If I miss a day (even if justifies) my 3000+ days of consistent exercise goes out the window and I would easily find other excuses to not exercise. So, it is something I must do.

Sunday, 01 October, 2017  
Blogger PipeTobacco said...

I hope things are ok with you. I miss your writings on your blog, and it has me worry that something may be going badly for you. I hope not.

Sunday, 01 October, 2017  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink bourbon ! Drink down 2 shots. repeat as needed.

Sunday, 01 October, 2017  
Blogger E. Rosewater said...

the gorilla makes an excellent point.

Sunday, 01 October, 2017  
Blogger austere said...

I guess that running can be halted for a while...not the best thing to exert when you have a fever...

Monday, 02 October, 2017  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home